Featured Post

Magmatron: Revisited + Alpha

It had been 6 months since my last blog, and just after some anonymous stranger sent me a scan of the last Magmabot I've been missing fo...

Friday, December 11, 2015

Foldabots Photo Showcase

#foldabots #TheFoldabotsBlog #Zootron #Toxicus #FoldabotsMini #BahaghariFBMM #uberman
Now, before we begin, I just want to inform the readers that the Hooded Cloak's Zootron review has been in hiatus for almost half a year now. God alone knows where he's up to now...

Anyway, on this blog, I'll be showcasing you all the photos I've taken several weeks ago, which covers most of the Foldabots from the whole year of 2015, my self-made designs including the Foldabots Mini Remake, and a few more which you'll see on this blog.

Foldabots Mini 2014

Blogs: Bahaghari Remake and Foldabots Mini 5th Anniversary

Bahaghari Part 1: Azul, Violetica, and Verde

These were originally released in two separate waves, whereas Azul was the very first in the series, while Violetica ang Verde followed on the second wave. When I built these and the rest, I was surprised of the results even though they're not precisely accurate to the original promo-only release, despite the lack of fine details and the gradient parts present in the original version.



Bahaghari Part 2: Rojo and Marila

Here are my original characters (OCs for short) which I already made for my fan fiction 'Foldabots MegaMix'. I definitely liked their mini-fied versions which clear enough is the almost the same patterns as the other three. And as a bonus, I finally utilized their combination gimmick in this form, which also included Bahaghari's powerful attack--the Rainbow Flash, kinda a bit like the Foldabots we get these days, where the gestalt parts are separate issues from the individual members, thus lessens the number of characters to a minimum of 10 as of this year.





Foldabots Mini Set 1: Kuryente, Hatid, and Kargadrone

Take note, I also forgot to put their specs like for Bahaghari.

Kuryente: INT:3 END:4 STR:3 SSK:5 SPD: 3
Hatid: INT:5 END:3 STR:3 SSK:4 SPD:5
Kargadrone: INT:3 END:5 STR:4 SSK:3 SPD:3



Foldabots Mini Set 2: Rilesor, Talyer, and Ikotron

Rilesor: INT:4 END:5 STR:5 SSK:3 SPD:4
Talyer: INT:2 END:5 STR:5 SSK:2 SPD:3
Ikotron: INT:3 END:5 STR:5 SSK:2 SPD:5



Foldabots Mini Set 3: Ipo-Ipo and Barenator

Ipo-Ipo: INT:5 END:2 STR:3 SSK:3 SPD:5
Barenator: INT:2 END:3 STR:5 SSK:1 SPD:2



Foldabots Mini Set 4: Batak (Both Parts)

Batak: INT:3 END:5 STR:4 SSK:2 SPD:3



Foldabots Mini Set 5: Lunas, Amihan, Liksi

Lunas: INT:5 END:2 STR:1 SSK:3 SPD:4
Amihan: INT:3 END:1 STR:4 SSK:5 SPD:4
Liksi: INT:1 END:2 STR:3 SSK:1 SPD:5



Foldabots Mini Set 6: Tigas and Habagat with Sub-Cars

Tigas: INT:1 END:5 STR:4 SSK:1 SPD:2
Habagat: INT:3 END:2 STR:3 SSK:4 SPD:5



Foldabots Mini Set 7: Buhat (Both Parts)

Buhat: INT:2 END:4 STR:5 SSK:4 SPD:3



And now, let's look at some of the Minis, where Batak and Buhat uses their carrier platforms to hold smaller Foldabots. For Batak, I decided to follow the concept of him carrying two cars on the bottom deck, while on top, it serves as a mini runway/helipad for in this case, Ipo-Ipo, and the two jets Amihan and Habagat. And for Buhat, I decided to replicate him as Buhatron carrying the four little Sporticons. Meawhile I'll also include how to place the Sub-Cars in Lunas and Tigas. And in addition, I replaced Azul with Marila on his place on Batak's trailer, whereas Azul is with the other cars.


Next, we look at the combiners, starting with this...


Based on the sample configuration from the original promo, this didn't require the combiner heads I made for this range only. The set is made up of the Foldabots seen from wave 1 with the exception of Azul and Rilesor. Next, we look at the gestalts I've made using these guys...




They all have names Boltahex, Altokron, and Ferrotron. I'm not going much into their concept, but the fact about the configurations, is that they have a sort of symmetry going on.

And here's the three along with Bahaghari, followed by all the 20 separate Foldabots both in robot and vehicle modes.




Series of Crossover Designs

On this part of the showcase, I'll be featuring the non-canon designs I've made including Getter Robo, Mighty Orbots, and my original designs Super Deltron and UberZord (I'm currently working on the masterpiece/deluxe version which will be larger than the original).

Getter Robo





Mighty Orbots





Super Deltron




And finally, UberZord










Blogs: Super Deltron, Mighty Orbots, and UberZord

Now, let's move on to the Foldabot and Lutabots of 2015, discounting Toy Book 8's Sporticus and MP Patrol (Don't worry, I'll cover MP Patrol, along with the L.Diads on the year-end blog, along with Jewel Guardian and Titanus 2015)...

At the start of the year, we're introduced by Naranja, which followed by Gadya...





This was followed by Leonator and Komando...





And then, Baluti and Tindig completing the team, which was followed by Zootron's combiner parts.



In the next pictures, I'll be showing you how my version of Zootron is made. Here, it will save you two paperclips from building the gestalt, it also makes good use of Naranja and Leonator's hind legs in place of more clips. You'll also notice I placed Zootron's right hand is placed differently than the actual design which for me is awkward.


After the preparation, it will look something like this. I've also included Baluti on his fireball effect and notice how round he's supposed to look.


We now combine the two big cats and the elephant together...


Then we bring in Zootron's arms, now equipped with their respective weapons. Surprisingly, Baluti can actually connect onto Komando with ease.


In order to connect them easily to Gadya, you have to remove the arm parts first, then attach Naranja and Leonator's hind legs with in order to connect Komando and Tindig to their respective arm piece of Gadya. Below is the finished gestalt! Much more refined and much less awkward because of these alterations.


Bisig filled in for the August issue after we've covered Zootron in excelsis.



Before we move on, I also found something I can do with Combiner Wars Motormaster, which is indeed a homage to Scramble City.


This is also versatile if you own Legends Blackjack or Transformers Adventure Runabout.

On the last four months of the year, Foldabots covered another new gestalt in the name of Toxicus. I've already talked about this being a 3-piece combiner heavily reliant in props as combiner parts, especially the culverts forming the legs, due to the lack of members.

Toxicus is made up of Butas, Hataw, and Pollutor (or Pollunator)







This month's issue included the parts for Toxicus, which mostly made up of props which can be used to make the road work site. You'll also notice, I added horns on the two just for variation.



Next, let's look at the three without their accessories, in both modes.



And finally Toxicus which I also refined to make it more awesome. Here are the two configurations...



Conclusion

While most are fans are now focused in their TB8 copies, and some very excited for Foldabots' 10th anniversary, I in the other hand will be working on new projects while paying attention on those that are still on hiatus. And next time, I'll be posting some more photos, which include the ones I've mentioned in this blog. Until then, this has been The Foldabots Blog, we'll be seeing you next time!


2 comments: