Wednesday, May 29, 2024

The Foldabots Blog is Back!

It's been seven years since my very last post, and a lot of things changed after Foldabots ended, and the blog's name changed to The Foldabots Archives due to the fact I wanted to make this into some kind of a lookback into the history of Jomike Tejido's Foldabots, but ultimately lost interest due to other stuff involved. Even so, during that time, I had never stopped making new designs and test out what works and doesn't, which are all in a matter of trial and error until a good design is achieved.
I will not showcase any of my new patterns or any of my newer builds at the moment as it's my first new blog in years, and a good way to at least wrap up Foldabots Month 2024. Apart from new designs, I've also had plans on reviving or rebooting my old fan fiction series Foldabots MegaMix anytime soon once I found the original script, besides another reboot series I've been working on since before the COVID-19 pandemic, and its spin-offs, which are currently on hiatus.
Now, why The Foldabots Blog: Reawakened? It's probably because of the supersized Toy Book that was released with so many fan creations that doesn't even include a single design from yours truly... oh, never mind about that... I do had plans of releasing my creations in a different way than selling it by the book. I once had a plan of selling my Foldabots patterns akin to the old metallic blind-boxes, which you'll be probably be forced to buy more until you get the whole collection, unless you only want to build a certain set or two. That changed when I've decided to just release small packs of 5 mini (6"x4") or 3 deluxe (5"x8") patterns for a price of around PHP 175, almost like buying an issue of K-Zone.
To wrap up this post, I just want to say thank you to the entire Foldabots fandom even though I'm an outcast and currently cleaning out my name after an incident from nearly five or more years ago. I promised and vowed myself to change my ways and clean my name as much as I can, in order to regain trust and recognition in the fandom. It's not the easiest, but it's the only way to do it.
Thanks for reading, and I'll see you on the next blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment