Friday, June 7, 2024

6/6: New Era, New Plans

(Originally, this post is going to be uploaded on June 6, but unfortunately, I took until midnight of June 7 to finish this one.)
Update as of June 12: I've noticed a few typos and grammar errors, which I had to fix, and added additional info on Re:MegaMix Higantechron

Over the past few days, I've been somehow busy coming up with future projects once after I'm done with the ongoing ones, such as making some hotfixes on one of my Foldabots Deluxe patterns and what characters will be appearing in Foldabots Re:MegaMix before I begin writing the story. Since I've been using mainly Inkscape and a new design template for all of my new designs, I've thought about remastering a lot of my older designs and give them the modern era treatment. Speaking of which, back in 2018, a year after my last post before the hiatus, I've managed to remake some of the Foldabots from Foldabots Remix, which again, was and is a failed prequel of MegaMix, unless I'll give it another try in the reboot continuity.
Foldabots RE:MIX '18

As the name implies this is basically remakes of the Remix Foldabots. As I mentioned in this blog, "The new patterns which I've designed long ago have retained their gimmicks but with changes resolving the issues of my previous designs." Ironically, some of those new designs may look a bit better than before, but some weren't actually fitting with the Mini 6x4in pattern (which of the time, does note have the top bar for the character name, instructions, etc.) because of how bad it actually looks physically. I will go through all of these characters and what were their positives and negatives.

Dobletron - One thing to note, I've also managed to test out the original set which turned out good. Not my best idea, but not the worst either. In the mini revision, I've made a lot of simplifications like the combined forms no longer have the Agimat crests, the Agimat Sticks were now just small sleeves that were terribly tiny, and the weapons/arms weren't simplified enough. Which leaves me with room for improvement, that I work on somehow soon. Having to mash up GaoGaiGar's Choryujin, Gekiryujin, and even Tenryujin with Kamen Rider W, may have been great but finding the best fit to this idea may take more than just one revision to achieve perfection like every other designs I've tried.

Ultimate/Beyond Exceldrone - Ah, the Daioja-inspired Foldabot and perhaps one of my favorites of the bunch. I've originally planned this to have a maximum of 11 parts, but as it turned out, I've managed to create the new patterns with one part less than expected. But when we get to the new addition, Excella, she was either a hit or miss. Beyond Exceldrone was good, the head and chest design was impressive, the addition of the VTOL wings was fine, and her lime-green color fits well with the three. My problem with this set was the completed Excelsior Ship weren't as good as Beyond Exceldrone. I could see a good revision to at least fix some issues and re-release them.

Maximum Hakotar - This one was sadly my least favorite of the remakes. I knew I should've gone for the idea I first proposed of keeping Piyesanator, but instead I went with this Biklonz Megabeast Cross Attacker inspired twin jets, Piraso and Piyesa and their combined form Palitron. Are they the best designs? No. Do I feel like redoing Piyesanator in the way intended? Yes. One thing I never mentioned, was that Hakotar was based on Kamen Rider Birth from Kamen Rider OOO. Birth has this scorpion mech that also becomes different power-ups, which was basically what Piyesanator is all about, if done right.

Agimat Blazer: Sandigan, Batugan, Barkotron, Sakayzer, and Balangkas - I've expanded much on Armored Sandigan so much that I've turned this initially into the Transformers Duocons Battletrap and Skytread, mixed with Diadrone armor concept, then into a Sporticus rip-off, but with two Foldabots forming into a car carrier. Barkotron was still the weakest link in the entire ensemble, engineering-wise. But that doesn't mean this is totally exempted from getting a remake like everybody else.
Remastering Other Original Designs

Now, to those who had been reading my blog for years, you've noticed I've already done so many non-combiner characters (excluding Foldabots SG and X-Over), 14 to be exact, with another one named Kuneho, who was made back in the Toy Book 6 On-the-Spot Art Contest back at Robinsons Magnolia (as mentioned here) which I had never ever made a proper pattern for her. But the real reason for her creation at the time was that I'm into gender equality, hence the abundance of female Foldabots and Lutabots made by yours truly. Celtron and Lobatica were rather good, engineering-wise, but I think there is room for yet again, improvements if ever I'll remake these. Same goes for Payasotron and Boltahedron, which was great back in the day, but aged so badly. Honestly that's a lot of Bots to remake, even just making patterns for the characters I've never even made patterns of.

As for, say Bahaghari, and my version of the original Foldabots Mini promo, I have no plans yet on remaking them yet again. But in contrast, I do have plans on remaking a few of Jomike Tejido's original and official characters, as a part of the Re:MegaMix project. In the reboot, I'm also confirming that Higantechron will now be a Lutabot (even though he will still start out as a Foldabot), albeit Nuno instead of Nu-Sho. Aura-Sans will be less wild than in MegaMix as I'm just going to do only six, and I'm also renaming Aginayas to Minokawa.
With so much I had in mind, I don't know where to start, let alone continue where I left off with my current projects especially the fan fictions I've been writing for years, and I still haven't found a good foolproof way of selling my Foldabots patterns online without hassle, so I can earn some income from what I make instead of making it free for all like most of my old designs.

Anyways, that going to be all for now. Thanks for reading, and I'll see you on the next blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment