Thursday, June 13, 2024

Wonderful Mix (Part 2): New Deckron

Continuing on with part 2 of my Independence Day Special post, we'll be taking a look at my revision of Deckron. But before we begin, please do check out the original version here.


A lot of things had changed in Singapore over the past decade, and the once bus duopoly had expanded to four, since the last time I've been there, last year. Deckron's new lime-green body reflects on the now Bus Contracting Model, while retaining the idea of the Deckerbots sharing the one alt mode. The new version, like Wonder Vanguard before this, is meant to be printed on 6x4in plain index cards, if done correctly.

Part 1: DKR1 and DKR2

Unlike the original version, this has less parts and I also forgot to add the colored cutting outlines for convenience. But don't worry, just as long as you cut along the outside outlines, you're OK. I've also dropped the sword in this version, as you might expect. Be sure to save these parts for later because their tires are with DKR4.
 
Part 2: DRK3a and DKR3b

In this version, DKR3a and DKR3b had the best alterations I've done, whereas before they form actual arms, they now form both the arms and sides of the torso. You'll see why I went with that design choice.

Part 3: DKR4

Wrapping up the set, we have the leader of the team. As you can see, he also includes all of the tire parts that are needed with DKR1 and DKR2. The tab, by the way serves a purpose of storing Deckron's head when you want to play them either in bus mode or their individual robot modes. Combining them to either the double-decker bus or Deckron is much easier than the original. Pictures of the new Deckerbots will be in a future post.

While this is already good, there is still room for improvements such as adding cutting lines, maybe redesigning the tab to have a locking mechanism to hold the head piece in place apart from other new alterations I have in mind, and perhaps give Deckron his sword again to really complete the look. And maybe finally work on Busnake afterward, although I'll have to do some research before remaking him from scratch.


On the third part coming soon, I will be covering my best designs of RE:MIX '18, and maybe a couple more to showcase, before I begin working on my remasters and remakes.

Anyways, that going to be all for now. Thanks for reading, and I'll see you on the next blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment