Featured Post

Magmatron: Revisited + Alpha

It had been 6 months since my last blog, and just after some anonymous stranger sent me a scan of the last Magmabot I've been missing fo...

Thursday, February 6, 2014

GIYERATRON/BAHAGHARI REDUX

In this blog, we’ll be looking back at James Edward Salazar’s Giyerabots. Take note that James is not a relative of John Dave. Some of the alterations were the open van of Dala was the cause of instability, so I decided to give him a roof instead to make Giyeratron standing perfectly.  The rest of the patterns were remained unchanged. Here below are the IMPROVED patterns which you can download for free.

Alteration: Agimat glow is fixed.
Alterations: Agimat glow fixed, bars on arch fixed.
Alteration: Agimat glow fixed.
Alterations: Agimat glow fixed, added roof for stability.
Alteration: Agimat glow fixed.
To get VERDE and MARILA'S full pattern, go to this link: http://ejsotto.blogspot.com/2012/10/an-original-combiner-bahaghari.html

I also tested the patterns for Bahaghari and it worked out just fine, except for Verde and Marila’s canopy parts look very flat when they’re glued on. The alteration I made was to adjust the roof parts to make it bulge instead of being a sleeve. Below is the REPLACEMENT PARTS for Verde and Marila.
You can glue these parts instead of the ones one the patterns itself.

In addition, I found out that Magmatron has the weakest legs ever, unless you find a way to keep him standing straight. My best way was to put a paperclip on Abominator’s cannons, then attach them onto the back where Usok and Baga’s heads are. Technically, I tested it out on Malvin's original version, it could also work with the official version too. Well, that’s all for now, see you again on the next blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment