Featured Post

Magmatron: Revisited + Alpha

It had been 6 months since my last blog, and just after some anonymous stranger sent me a scan of the last Magmabot I've been missing fo...

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

SALAMANGKRUS and Company

Here's a little story of how I made this guy...

After Toy Book 6 was launched, I was disappointed of how my creation never won the On-The-Spot Art Contest. It also inspired me to make something better than a 'Playboy Bunny' Foldabot (Actually, there was a reason for this, and I don't know how and why I made her).

Along came a magic...

The first thing popped up in my mind was a fierce chimera, and I thought "Wow, I could make something out this!" And so, SALAMANGKRUS was made. I also drew an illustration of him but I'll go post him next time as soon as I have the files. The idea was a Lutabot Sorcerer casting chaotic spells far more than imagined. With that, I decided to make his pattern as well.




And since he has three patterns, which means he's really big. I also added some rune letters on his hat saying the words 'LUTABOT'.

And since I'm doing a lot of posts in one day, I decided to throw in some of my other works...

TABLETINA is based on a 7 inch Android Tablet which I ruined recently and note I made these two long before I revamped the layout. I also based this character on Ranka Lee of Macross Frontier.

Basically PADRONE is a retool of Foldabot above and she's based on the Vocaloid Hatsune Miku and the iPad (My cousin has one.)

Next up are the patterns I made using the new layout...

BAHA is one of the first Foldabots I made using the new layout.

If there's one Foldabot I totally like, and it's this guy.

I drew his illustration back in May 2013.
A Facebook friend of mine wanted to make a Foldabot pattern from me. Thank goodness he also tried it for himself.

And of course, the first combiner I made using space vehicles. It is also considered as a crossover of multiple anime and one live action show.

KALAWAKRON

The units like I said are vehicles used in space, but their Foldabot forms are very obvious. If you know the characters I based them on, please comment their names and the series they came from. Here are the patterns for the combiner.






Still no idea? Their codes give you a hint of their names!

Now, on the next blog, I'll be taking you all on a trip to Singapore with my Foldabots XMRT and DECKRON!

No comments:

Post a Comment