Featured Post

Magmatron: Revisited + Alpha

It had been 6 months since my last blog, and just after some anonymous stranger sent me a scan of the last Magmabot I've been missing fo...

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Super Train Robot XMRT/Double Decker Robot DECKRON

Every Summer, me, my mom, and little sister travels to Singapore not as tourists, but as 'Permanent Residents'. We've been visiting the country for quite awhile now, just to meet up with the other half of the family who work so hard for us here in the Philippines. Now, on this blog, I decided to bring in two combiners based on a Double Decker bus and the MRT train there.

XMRT

Singapore's Mass Rapid Transit is not like what we have here. The trains are spacier, bigger, and there are more stations than here at home which covers to almost the whole map of Singapore. They also have LRTs but monorails. Here I got the idea of making a Foldabot combiner out of this.

Basically, I made these two before but their designs were inferior at that time. I decided to remake these combiners to make them less complex yet more playable.

Here below are the 7 pattern cards for XMRT. The instructions are also on the patterns for your convinience and there is also additional guides for forming either the combined train or robot modes.








Since I am covering two combiners in this blog, let's move on to the other one...

DECKRON

Buses in Singapore are also not like ours which are owned by countless companies who even get a lot of accidents. They only have two bus companies there, and if you want to go somewhere, go by the number. It's not really complicated, you know. What's also great about going there is you can take a trip on a Double Decker Bus just like in the UK. It also inspired me to make another combiner based on this transport vehicle.

Below are the four pattern cards plus one more for the instructions to make DECKRON.






On the instructions, I also mentioned another character--BUSNAKE. But I'll be making that guy some other time.

Now, I'll be closing this blog for now but I'll be back with more real soon.

2 comments:

  1. I am a Foldabot fan from singapore and I approve of this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a Singaporean foldafan and I like this a lot

    ReplyDelete