Featured Post

Magmatron: Revisited + Alpha

It had been 6 months since my last blog, and just after some anonymous stranger sent me a scan of the last Magmabot I've been missing fo...

Thursday, May 7, 2015

Foldabots 9th Anniversary Special!

#foldabots #TheFoldabotsBlog

May is FOLDABOTS MONTH! Why you asked? This month, we celebrate Foldabots' anniversary, and as a part of the celebration, my friend Hooded Cloak is showcasing this year's Foldabots Summer Workshop creations by you, the Folda-Fans.

#Zootron Update

Meanwhile, let's talk about Zootron again. Remember, we still have one arm missing, and a confirmed sixth member will fill up for the missing parts. However, to those on Facebook, there is an ongoing art contest for Zootron's head and weapon style. Be sure to check that out, lads. The full review on Zootron will be moved to June, once we get the last Zoobot.

The SHOUKAN!

Recently, I picked up this nice plastic model kit down in a specialty store somewhere, and it was quite a bargain. Imagine, all 5 parts for a bearable price of over PHP 1600 in our money (I was planning to get this other one which has 6 parts and really the rarest one I've ever seen). It's size is pretty good, can be a toy on the go, and it had a lot of articulations. I will post the full review real soon, complete with photos.

Dagitaborg and Other Foldabot Pattern Updates

I have finished making the draft pattern of all four Foldabots, and I found the two having real complex designs like I expected. Of course, this needs paperclips.

I'm also planning to test most of my other made patterns as soon as I got them printed out. The design I already made don't need a lot of paperclips, which is ideal for saving stuff.

#combinerwars

I also got a glimpse on Transformers Generations: Combiner Wars toys on sale in a hypermarket nearby. I was going to buy the full Menasor lineup, but sadly, I never bought them yet, but the good side, is I'm aiming for this other Stunticon called Brake-Neck (a.k.a. Wildrider) which according to sources, this and Quickslinger (a.k.a. Slingshot) are exclusive to some retailers and online stores such as Toys R Us and Big Bad Toy Store.

No New Patterns Yet...

And for those who want new patterns, I'm sorry that I have no patterns for you this time due to my busy life and had no time to make new ones. I am also planning to make Foldabot templates for those who want to make their very own designs (either hand-drawn or digitally) just like in the Summer Workshop. However, the patterns will be based on the Foldabots Mini system for your convenience. The patterns will be made up of blank pieces but with a few gluing parts and a blank space for your original character's name.

Wrapping Up...

Well, the fact having to see rookie Folda-Fans' works in action pleases me in a way, and up until now, I still don't have the May issue of K-Zone which contains the fifth Zoobot.

Also, I'm into LEGO again after getting interested in using their software LEGO Digital Designer once more. With this, I could try making the UberZord using virtual bricks and my imagination.

I will be back with the Candy Toy MiniPla Shurikenjin Review (there, I said it!) on the next blog. And until then, this has been The Foldabots Blog, see you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment