Featured Post

Magmatron: Revisited + Alpha

It had been 6 months since my last blog, and just after some anonymous stranger sent me a scan of the last Magmabot I've been missing fo...

Thursday, October 9, 2014

Pre-Anniversary Special: SUPER DELTRON & MIGHTY ORBOTS

With just a week away from The Foldabots Blog turns 2, I will show you some of the stuff I also made alongside the Foldabots Mini Remake.

SUPER DELTRON

Now, these are neither Foldabots nor Lutabots, so don't consider them as one. As a matter of fact, the first set are original characters done by myself, but based on another series due to their concept. The other set are based on a short-lived 80's cartoon series. But first, let's look at SUPER DELTRON.

Now, SUPER DELTRON is a 3-unit gestalt. Some people would think "Is it enough to make a combiner out of less than 4 or 5 members?" It is possible. In fact, there are also combiners that only needs 2 units to form such output. In Foldabots, there are a few gestalts made with 2 or 3 units, and these examples include the 4 Diadrones, and Bakunawa Dragon. Though Bakunawa is the only official gestalt with 3 units, it's not even humanoid like most combiners, and the Diadrones Tu-Lock and Tinidrone form into a blaster cannon, but you can use your imagination to make them humanoid as well.

Like I said, it only had three, I mean three member which I called them DELTABOTS and since there are only two pattern sheets to complete them since two of them are not that really big and they are both identical in output. Well, let's look at the patterns right now.


Like the other recent patterns, Bios, Specs, and Instructions are on the sides for your convenience. The only part I never included on the layout, is the special stuff in either modes like seen on K-Zone.

MIGHTY ORBOTS

Wikipedia Entry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mighty_Orbots

Though having a short run, it somehow gave inspiration to a lot of fans including me. Though never had a nice toy line, I myself decided to use what I learned from being a fan of Foldabots and make myself a paper version of this long forgotten legend.



About the design, they are simply redone of their character designs. I also changed their usual eye designs and make them look unique. The one reason why I didn't include Ohno in the set is she is in the Beam Car with Rob the Orbots Commander, and the surprising part is, the Beam Car doesn't go inside Tor, but it has Mighty Orbots' head underneath! Talk about gimmick. And of course, like you see here, only 3 sheets to complete.

Aside from this, I also have another version of them which I used their original color schemes from the pilot presentation called "BROOTS".

Conclusion

Aside from knowing the last Trosobot is Panganib, which will form the left arm and will have the head of Trosonator, which means I'll review these guys once their complete. Aside from these, I will upload the video toy demos you've requested back at YouTube, once I have them all. Until then, see you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment